Saturday, May 31, 2008

whoa. deep thoughts. =)

As I was just reviewing my blog that I just posted, I realized that when I titled it "update of my life," I only focused on the "big" things that have happened lately, or those out of the ordinary. This seems to be a pattern of my blog. I am someone who lives for the small stuff, so what about the little things. After all, without the little stuff, life we be far less exciting. Today my mom said she wants so much more (she is sooo entitled to the right of asking for it...) but then she said, I try so hard to be thankful for things I do have, as she opened her arms as if she was taking in all the sunshine of the beautiful day. I'm not going to go on and on about this situation, but I just wish everyone took in stuff like this. At least realizing that the little stuff is what makes up the big stuff. I can't ever say how thankful I am for every part of my day, and I think about this stuff on a daily basis (im kinda crazy hehe...) but really, here are some of the good things.

*like today, on my way home, i couldn't stop looking at the sun. Not directly, but how the rays were peeking out of some dark heavy clouds. it was awesome.
*the thunderstorm last night made me so happy. I love storms more than anyone, and kzoo hasn't seen any in a longggg time. I totally felt like I was back "home." I swear the jackson area always gets clobbered, and I sure miss watching them outside my sharon valley home window.
*and the book I'm reading (A thousand splendid suns) shocks me every time I turn a page. I always wonder about these other countries (this one is based in Afghanistan) and try not to have so much focus on my life, instead realize everyone is living this day, too.

yeah so maybe these thoughts aren't so "little." but they are just some pieces of what goes on inside this curious head of mine. Do I sound crazy, or do other people think this way too?? =) It's the simple stuff that gets me!

No comments: