well the weekend was great, spent friday and saturday just out and about in kzoo =) Saturday evening I heading to jtown to catch up with some long lost friends. I think it's so cool that we can go months without contact, a year even.. without seeing each other, and then just hang out like the old times. In so many ways, things are just the same. i like it!
Sunday was mothers day so I took my mom out to breakfast. The place we were going to go to in manchester was closed {come on, reallly?} so we kept driving and ended up in clinton in a small cafe. it was fun, I just love being with this woman, she cracks me up. Things will fall into place, mom, they always do with time. We went back to my grandmas for a bit and i was able to visit with my aunts and uncles, and my cousin jen who lives in florida now. I miss her =( I left around 2 and headed out to my dad's for the afternoon. I know it sounds bad, but he and erin were having a mothers day party and I always enjoy seeing that side of my family as well. It's amazing the many directions my family goes.. it's so overwhelming but I am grateful for knowing so many wonderful people. I was able to give erin, and my two sisters their bday presents and visit with everyone for a while. I felt bad not spending the entire day with my mom... is what I did, wrong? but i'm so tired of making these decisions every single holiday. I do what I can, I'm only one person.
Anyway, here's to another week of class. These classes aren't too bad actually. For my language studies class I am reading A thousand Splendid Suns, and for the first time, this is SO bad i know, but I've found a book that makes me want to keep reading. I'm not a huge reader for pleasure, because I always feel like I should be studying or something instead. I like that this one is required. Pick it up, anyone would like it.
Thats all she wrote for now. ps. only 8 days until I get to see my bf in nashville! woohoooo. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment